What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you place an order or fill out a form.
When ordering on our site, when necessary, you may be asked to enter your: name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card information or Tax Status. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
We apply a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, or submits their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
For your convenience we may store your credit card information to expedite future orders, and to automate the billing process.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards) will be kept on file for more than 60 days in order to expedite future orders, and to automate the billing process.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not trade, sell, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties, who must agree to keep the information confidential, who assist us in operating our website, operating our business, or servicing you. When we consider fit, we may also release your information to conform to the law, to enforce our site policies, or to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of Mera Medical Supplies, Inc. or others. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
PIPEDA sets out the ground rules for how private-sector organizations collect, use or disclose personal information in the course of commercial activities across Canada. It also applies to personal information of employees of federally-regulated works, undertakings, or businesses (organizations that are federally-regulated, such as banks, airlines, and telecommunications companies).
It should be noted that PIPEDA does not apply to organizations that are not engaged in commercial activity. As such, it does not generally apply to not-for-profit and charity groups, associations or political parties, for example—unless the organization is conducting a commercial activity (fundraising is not considered a commercial activity).
In addition, PIPEDA will not apply to an organization that operates wholly within a province that has legislation that has been deemed substantially similar to the PIPEDA, unless the personal information crosses provincial or national borders. Alberta, British Columbia and Quebec have general private-sector legislation that has been deemed substantially similar.
Therefore, PIPEDA generally applies to:
- Private-sector organizations carrying on business in Canada in the provinces or territories of Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, or Yukon but not their handling of employee information.
- Private-sector organizations carrying on business in Canada when the personal information they collect, use or disclose crosses provincial or national borders but not their handling of employee information.
- Federally-regulated organizations carrying on commercial activity in Canada, such as a bank, airline, telephone or broadcasting company, etc., including their handling of health information and employee information.
According to PIPEDA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
The nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We are in consent with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act) and we do not collect any information of any kind from anyone under the age of 13 years. Our website, products and services are not specifically marketed to children under 13.
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our Terms and Conditions section at http://shopmeramedical.com/terms to establish the use, limitations of liability governing the use of our website, and disclaimers.
This policy was last modified on August 13, 2015.